Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another year....

Has passed. I turned 32 today, and tho I was hoping to let this birthday slip by without any attention my friends and family have made sure to remind me of it...time and time and time again :)

I am thankful for them all tho. It is nice to know that I have so many people in my life that remember, and care enough to tell me Happy Birthday if even thru a text or comment, especially since I myself and HORRIBLE at remembering birthdates. I normally can guess the week of a birthday, but hardly ever remember the actual day of the event.

So, I am 32 years old. I am still married to the same guy i married in 1994 when I got out of high school, and tho he drives me crazy sometimes i still love him deeply and madly. I have 3 amazing children whom i live for, literally. My life centers around them and their needs and wants, but I wouldnt have it any other way at this point in life.

I have so many great friends, I am truly blessed. I have friends from so many different times and part of my life....they remind me of what I have been thru to get to where I am now, and the person that I want to be. They are there to remind me of the good and bad times in life, and how much it helped to have them by me to get thru them.

My extended family is in a bit of a rut now...but I'm trying very hard to not let it get to me. I instead try to focus on the greatness that I have with our little clan, me, my husband and our kids, and the ones that are in our lives on a regular basis and how thankful I am to them. Its as much my fault as theirs that we have lost touch in most cases....I need to get better about that.

So, another year has passed...and what I am now is smarter, wiser, more patient, more loving, heavier (well maybe not heavier than when i turned 31, but heavier than i want to be), tanner (lol) and most importantly happier. I have new goals that I want to achieve in the next year that I am working towards. Until then, I will continue to try to be the best person that I can be, each and every day.

~M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! My internet is on the fritz:( Myspace did not tell me that your birthday was coming up! Anyway, SlowMo did make up with her friends the very next day, as was expected. haha. She's loving her skateboard and so is the little one:)Oh, and SlowMo wants to know if Aaron remembers her.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to update this thing????